Introduced in 1945 through the Tennessee Agriculture Experiment Station.
Extremely Fireblight resistant and easy to grow. Closely related to Kieffer. Orient pears have a simple sweet flavor and sandy texture. Mostly used for canning.
- Uses: Canning, Fresh Eating
- Flavor: Sweet
- Fruit Size: Medium – Large
- Pollination: Requires pollinator other than Kieffer
- Ripens: Mid-August-September, Requires additional ripening after harvest.
- Keeps 2-3 Months in Cold Storage
- Fireblight: – Very Resistant
- USDA Zones: 5-9